Friday, January 6, 2012

Low-cost lighting from used plastic bottles

As a general rule, bottled water is not particularly good for the environment. If I were the judgmental type, I might even chime in that buying bottled water is pretty dumb -- at least in the circles that I move in -- given that it is typically of no better quality than tap water. But each to their own.[*]

Regardless, this is very cool:

(via WIMP)

UPDATE: The GF points out that I perhaps shouldn't emphasise the bottled water angle so much, since any beverage bottle would do (fizzy drinks, etc).

[*] Okay, I'm being a bit facetious here. I actually agree with David Zetland that bottled water is probably best viewed as a consumer product much like any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments please. (Pseudonyms are fine.)