Monday, June 20, 2011

Thesis = Submitted

Feels like a fat bloody gorilla climbing down off my back.

I'm exhausted after working very late over the last couple weeks to get everything done in time... And also slightly terrified to look over it again, just again in case I spot the obvious mistake that all my proof-reading missed.

[Side note.There must be a law along the lines of: The probability of spotting an error increases exponentially after the point of submission. If not, I'm claiming it.]

But, that's just being dramatic, really. Overall, pretty chuffed with how things went and hopefully round off my MSc with a good mark on the big one.

Walked out of the post-office (I had to mail three hard copies from here in addition to an electronic version) half an hour ago. Felt that June Lisbon sunshine on my face and realised that I've got eight weeks of holiday ahead of me. Let the good times roll.
:)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I think I probably have a sense of what you've written on, but once you've taken the time to sufficiently relax could you share more details on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dude :)

    Might try to write up a post on it later (way later!), but essentially I'm trying to quantify the costs of the water-energy nexus.

    In particular, how incidents of (cooling) water scarcity have impacted electricity prices via constraints on thermal power production (E.g. this kind of thing). Your normal simultaneity issues and so forth (as I was specifically interested in separating out SS effects from DD effects), but think my models was were pretty robust in the end.

    Aaaaaandddd... if that get's anyone excited, I've got 80-odd pages waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "was were", "get's"
    You can see where my mind is at right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    The water/energy nexus is certainly an interesting topic in my opinion. Wouldn't mind skimming through those "80-odd pages", if you can send them on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJ,

    Ummm... not sure what the "academic" process for these things usually is -- it may have to be graded before I can send it out -- but will let you know. I'm hoping to submit a condensed version for journal publication fairly soon though, so that might be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!!! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

No anonymous comments please. (Pseudonyms are fine.)